Kate Middleton - interesting facts about Princess Catherine's life fun, interesting and absolutely not royal!
Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:28 AM
Kate Middleton will marry Prince William on April 29, 2011 (that's just two weeks away!) and become a new princess. Many compare Kate to William's mom Princess Diana because both are fashion icons and both don't look and don't behave "royal"
here're some interesting facts about Kate Middleton (or future Princess Catherine, if you wish)
* Kate met William at University of St Andrews where she studied history and he studied georgraphy.
* Kate and William started dating in 2002 but split in 2007 to reconcile later that year.
* Kate Middleton was born on January 09, 1982, and is 6 months older than William.
* William proposed to Kate in November while on a vac in Kanye. He proposed with late mom's engagement ring. Queen Elizabeth II chose this ring for Princce Charles' engagement some 30 years ago.
* Kate Middleton plans to do her own make-up on wedding day.
* Kate is allergic to horses.
* Marrying at 29, Kate Middleton becomes the oldest royal bride in British history.
* Kate's parents are "self-made millionaires" and run their own company Party Pieces that is a mail order firm and sells party decorations and supplies.
* She graduated with a Master of Arts from the University of Saint Andrews and has 11 GCSEs and two As and a B at A-level.
* Kate was a model at the iniversity. She walked the catwalk at a student fashion show in March 2002. The sheer dress she modeled cost $40 to make but is to worth $160,000 once she's wed.
* Prince William paid $200 to sit front row and watch Kate at that fashion show.
* Kate Middleton is a fan of fancy hats
Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:52 AM
* Kate worked as an assistant accessories buyer for the British fashion chain Jigsaw.
* Kate was included into Vanity Fair and Tatler's 2008 best-dressed lists in 2008 and 2007, respectively.
* If and when William becomes King, Kate will use her birth name of Catherine. There have been five Queen Catherines in England.
* Kate prefers to be named Catherine in eveyday life
* Middleton's dad is a former pilot, mom is a former flight attendant.
* At school Kate was always sporty and played hockey, tennis, netball, and also swam. She also set a high jump record in school.
* Now she goes to gym almost every day.
* She's food savvy. Sunday Times once reported that Middleton watches her weight with care. A friend, interviewed for the story, attributed Middleton's thinness to "not eating so much. She's never had an eating problem; she's just extremely disciplined."
* At the university Kate and William shared a house together with two more friends. "They saw each other under every possible circumstance, feeling lousy, feeling grumpy, flu-ridden. It's a good basis for a marriage."
* Kate Middleton and Prince William are distant relatives - they're each other's 12th cousins. Kate is also related to George Washington, she's his 8th cousin.
* Kate's nickname in British tabloids was "Waitey Katey."
* When a friend once said she was lucky to be with Prince William she replied, "He's lucky to be with me."
* Kate now has 4 bodyguards (thank you Scotland Yard!).
* Kate was a Brownie (Girl Scouts) under Girlguiding UK as a kid.
* Kate once said she was dreaming of her own fashion line for kids.
* Unlike most other brides, Kate doesn't have to worry about her wedding and its preparation. All she has to do is pick her bridesmaids and "look fabulous and be the perfect royal bride," as all of the other arrangements will be made by the royal staff.
* Kate's "career," post-wedding will most likely take the form of that of other princesses and will reportedly revolve around Prince William's schedule.
* After the messy divorces of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, and Prince Andrew and Fergie, it's being speculated that Prince William and Kate might be the first royal couple to sign a pre-nup.
* Kate's dog Otto reportedly ate a pair of earrings Wills gave Kate.
Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:51 AM
Kate Middleton likes to drink. Kate reportedly can drink William under the table. Royals correspondent Katie Nicholl says, “I’ve been at nightclubs with her where I’ve seen her (drinking with William) and do shot after shot, and she’s the one left standing and Prince William is the one who’s looking totally out of it.”
Kate Middleton was a possessive girlfriend. More than status, she was interested in keeping William at her side. “Kate’s not interested in position,” an insider said. “Her attitude is more like, William’s my man…There’s this incredible possessiveness, and she was damned if she was going to lose him to another girl.”
Kate Middleton was teased by Prince William’s friends. William’s friends reportedly used to snicker and make snide comments at Kate, referencing her mom’s old career as a flight attendant.
Kate Middleton has always been a fashion icon. In 2006, The Daily Telegraph included her in it’s “most promising newcomer” list of style winners and losers.