Quinoa is the base of quinoa diet but quinoa actually is good for your skin and hair too. It’s a rich source of vitamin B2 and vitamin E that helps to maintain your skin and hair.
It contains high level of magnesium that helps to regenerate skin cells and promote skin elasticity. While vitamin B2 – riboflavin – help to build up the connective tissues and it is integral to cell reparation – as SarahK writes on the Truthinaging website.
You can even make a DIY quinoa facial mask from quinoa flakes. When it is applied correctly, it provides anti-aging and anti-dehydrating properties. One thing is sure it won’t cause allergy because it doesn’t contain wheat or other grains and is non-reactive too because it is gluten-free. It will leave your complexion soft, nourished and really smooth – and of course beautiful.
Quinoa Facial Mask
- 6 oz plain yogurt
- ¼ cup of Quinoa cereal cooked in soy milk
- 2 drops of Mimosa oil
- 2 egg yolks
How To Make Quinoa Facial Mask:
- First you cook the quinoa cereal in soy milk over medium-low heat.
- When it’s cooked, allow the mixture to cool.
- Please do not add sugar to this mixture – sugar promotes wrinkles. I know it’s tempting but please don’t eat it If you didn’t know I’ll tell you another secret:
- Soy milk is pretty good for your skin too because it offers nourishing properties to the skin. It repairs sun damage and it helps to improve the skin’s elasticity and releases acids and energy into the epidermis for strength.
- When the quinoa and soy milk mixture is cool enough, put it into a blender and add the remaining ingredients and blend it well.
- Why do you have to add Mimosa oil to it? Well, it helps to regenerate tired and dull skin. It also stimulates the immune system and improves the skin’s healing process.
- Egg yolks contain rich levels of vitamin E and F; they also nourish and stimulate properties to the skin.
- When the mixture is ready, apply the facial mask to your face and to your neck too. Leave the facial mask on about 10-20 minutes while you relax. Useful tip: don’t get the quinoa facial mask on your cloth or pillow.
- After 10-20 minutes rinse it off with warm water and pat dry. You can apply your moisturiser if it’s needed. It’s up to you. You can use this gorgeous facial mask once a week; it will definitely help your complexion to get back in shape.